I almost started brooding about the quickness of Summer and how Fall will inevitably descend soon. Summer seems to be flying by for me. This may be the same for you. Instead of wallowing, I decided to take action! I signed up my little one for a summer class. And I’m going to try to pack in as much as I can the next couple of weeks and you can too.
Here’s my list; the first item on my list is free!
- Jogging/walks: in 2020, I started out jogging for the first time in my life and the first month was rough. But soon, I was jogging once or twice every week and enjoying it. Last summer, I was pregnant so I walked instead. At least, once a week, I make sure to either walk around in a wall or take a stroll on our street. I have certainly walked more since coming back from Europe. We walked so much in Austria especially!
- Visit an ice cream shop or two: I have bought a tub of ice cream and had a magnum but that doesn’t count. Lining up for ice cream and getting one is a different experience. Also, you and I will be helping out a seasonal business if we tick this off our lists.
- Kayaking/Canoeing & the beach: My city has a lake and a small beach a bit out of town. Both have kayaking and canoeing available. If you don’t have this available to you, you can go for a swim in a swimming pool. Do spend some time in the water. It will do you good.
- One adventure — amusement park, water slides, zip-lining, paint-balling, museum: It’s your choice and you can pick more than one. I have done all but one and I intend to tick that last one off this summer.
- Roadtrip: fuel/gas prices are over the roof… I know. But if you work from home, a road trip may be affordable for you. As well, you can carpool. I love road trips and I have gone on lots. It doesn’t have to be to a far destination or big city.
If you’re a grandparent, take your grandchild for one or two of these. If you’re a parent try three atleast. If you would rather do these with someone, ask. Either way, get to it! You can also create your own list!
Please clap and share.